Tuesday, November 6, 2012

 I ♥  Paula Choice.

I don't remember how I discovered Paula Choice Products, I think I saw a review about a BHA toner from this product line & decided to purchase it, but after purchasing my first product from the website, I definitely got hooked. These products do exactly what they claim to do & are very good for dark complexions. i also think that the packaging of these products are warm and inviting. Please note that the packaging for these products has changed and some of my pictures are of the old packaging. Different Packaging,Same Product.
The first product that I purchased was the Skin Perfecting  2% BHA Liquid. This product is for all skin types and is good for people who have occasional breakouts; contains salycic acid. I applied the product with a cotton ball after I washed my face & then later applied a moisturizer.I definitely saw more radiant-even toned skin and this product is great at preventing the occasional breakouts that I sometimes get. This product lasted me about two months, a little goes a long way. It is not that costly, and you will see results in two weeks. Special note: Those allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate) should not use products containing salicylic acid (Beta Hydroxy Acid or BHA). 


The next product that I purchased from Paula Choice was  the Remarkable Skin Lightening Lotion with 7% AHA. Initially, I got this product as a sample with my first purchase from the site, and after using it I decided to buy it. This product does well at lightening
dark spots or bigger areas of the skin & it gives you a radiant complexion. It can also be used on larger areas of the face and body.The first night I used this product, and woke up the next morning, my face had a noticeable glow. Another ingredient in this product is 2% hydroquinone. While using this product, make sure that you use a good sunscreen as this product can cause skin sensitivvity to sunlight. If you are prone to breakouts I recommend  you get the BHA versions of this product. Make sure you screw the top back onto this lotion tightly or it will turn a brown color, making the product less effective. All in all this is a great investment, and this product is not that costly.






The next product that I purchased was the Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA, this product is good for repairing sun damaged skin.This lotion was my first experience with lotions that sting a little, so when I first tried this lotion after my shower, it was a little shock. 
 haha. Personally, I don't recommend using this product after exfoliating in the shower, as I noticed that it increased the stinging (also don't use this lotion after shaving).  I used this lotion in the middle of the day and didn't have a problem with the stinging. I still saw results though, as the product does do what it claims. Sometimes I used it along with the Paula Choice Beautiful Body Butter to lessen the stinging. Once again, I only used this product at night time (with the Body Butter or when I didn't exfoliate in the shower), and during the day when I was sitting around the house, never before I went outside. Because of the AHAs this product contains you will need to remember to apply sunscreen when you are out and about in the sun. Make sure you keep the top on this product, as it can change color as well.
I would have a picture of the next product that I purchased, Paula Choice Beautiful Body Butter, but I used it all! *slight laugh*. This body butter is great for dry skin, it is kind of thick though and a little tough to spread over the skin. I can say that the 4oz that you receive does not last that long. The other products that I purchased lasted longer than this one. 



If you are looking for instant brightness this next product is your best friend. This product is a new edition to the Paula Choice Product Line. It is the Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment. This product literally looks like melted luminious pearls when you squeeze it out of the tube. It also helps with those stubborn dark spots and wrinkles as well.

I have received samples from Paula Choice's Earth Choice Natural Skin Care Line & those are very nice gentle products to use for people who have sensitive skin or are simply just into products that have natural ingredients. These products are plant based and are 98% natural. They are also very hydrating to the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment