Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness: Natural Deodorants

Pure & Natural Crystal Deodorant Mist & Stone
When breast cancer month comes around I am always active in the events and products that different groups have to offer.  The products that I took the time to review were natural deodorants.
 (There have been tons of finds & informing about the use of commercial antiperspirants and deodorants linked to Breast Cancer).

The products that I have are:
Crystal Body Deodorant Spray
 Pure & Natural Crystal Deodorant Mist 
Pure & Natural Crystal Deodorant Stone
 Lafe’s Deodorant Stone. 

Note these deodorants are deodorants, not antiperspirants.  They are 100% natural and the main ingredient in these products is natural mineral salts.  They all claim to be hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, 24 hour lasting, odor eliminating, and  aluminium chlorohydrate free. Honestly, when I was going somewhere & had a lot to do, I never used these products alone; I used my regular deodorant along with them. I do use these products when I am at home, or going out & about with not much to do and they work fine.If I'm doing a lot around the house, they don't work unless I reapply once in a while. ( It beats using an unhealthy deodorant ALL the time).The sprays can be used anywhere on the body & the stick and stone are for the underarms.
Pure & Natural Crystal Deodorant Stone
Crystal Body Deodorant Spray
The only product that I didn’t like was the Crystal Body Deodorant. I saw reviews on this product when I first got it, the reviews of course were very mixed, but this product smells horrible and it left a white cast.  Both body sprays do have pumps that consistently kept clogging, but it wasn't a huge deal to me. I just took off the top of the pump, ran hot water through it, and it solved the problem.  Also the plastic wrapper around the Crystal Body Deodorant tended to peel a lot. 

Lafes Deodorant Stone (came with dish)
When you are using the deodorant stone and stick you have to be sure to rinse & dry them off when you are finished because you don’t want bacteria to flourish on the product & cause it to smell. 


No comments:

Post a Comment