Tuesday, November 6, 2012

DIY Lactic Acid Lotion
Mario Badescu Papaya Body Lotion + Lactic Acid = Lactic Acid Lotion
There is quite a hassle trying to find products for the body that last long and are easy to afford on a regular basic. Who wants to spend over $50 for a small tube marketed for the body, when its obvious that the tube wouldn't last a week?  Not me, and when it comes down to it the best thing to do is research ingredients that are targeted for your problem & make your own. Nothings more fun that whipping up your own special lotions for cheap. 

Combining a water-based lotion with lactic acid is a great way to exfoliate areas of your body to reveal great, clearer even-toned skin, and trust me it works like a charm. To make my lotion, I fill a plastic 3oz container with a water-based lotion, Mario Badescu Papaya Body Lotion $10-$22 (another good lotion is Jergens), and mix in 1/2 oz or 1oz of 88% Lotion Crafters Lactic Acid Starts at $3.50.  On applying this product, it stings slightly for about a minute but nothing unbearable me. If you are concerned about the stinging, simply lower the amount of lactic acid you mix into the lotion. You can up the intake gradually after weeks of use.  Sometimes to speed up exfoliation I wrap the area that I applied the lotion, in cling wrap overnight. When I wake up in the morning the area is flaked with dead skin, revealing a brighter, even tone. I only apply this lotion to areas of my body, not the face.



1 comment: