Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prime Time: My Make-Up Primer Story
My interest in makeup started in the 11th grade, (right after I became a YouTube addict) and came about by watching various YouTube Channels like,  ulovemegzbeautybyjj, and lizlizlive. Everyday I learned something new about makeup and other topics related to beauty and fashion. As a make-up beginner, I thought nothing about the use of a primer, I didn't start using a primer until towards the end of my senior year of high school, as I had found out that a actually using a primer would solve some of my make up problems. Since then I have been on the hunt for makeup primers & my 4th investment was the charm.

My hunt to find the best makeup primer started with Rimmel London's Fix & Perfect Primer 001. Sounds good right? This product is very inexpensive. No lie, when I saw this primer in the store and read smoothes skin and minimize pores, I immediately knew this would be the "Shizzzniieee"! Upon using this product i noticed that it was very thick, and started to cause breakouts on my face (I am not prone to acne or breakouts at all). I just saw this product as being very heavy & after using it for a few days I threw it on my dresser. I haven't touched it since.

So after that. I heard about the Smashbox Primer rave & decided to jump on the bandwagon.This primer runs around $36 dollars. Initially I had set out to buy the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer, but instead I got the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer. I got it in apricot, which is supposed to conceal under eye circles, veins, sunspots.  The consistency of this product was slightly thick. It made my skin feel smooth after I applied it, and it did good for undereye circles, which is the only thing I use it for now. 


The next primer I decided to go for was good ol' Milk of Magnesia. I remember applying this product to to my face & my mother looking at me as if I were crazy. Milk of Magnesia worked SO good that it was TOO GOOD. Beauty for a $1 right here. After applying this liquid like product, it dried and made a noticeable white cast.This product kept my face dry all day, but I am not a person who has oily skin, so this product tend to dry out my face. I refrained from using a considerable amount to just a little/tiny amount & I still had the same issue. I stopped using this product, but I would definitely recommend it to someone who has very oily skin. You won't regret it, kid.

The last product I dipped into was Sephora's Base Zero Brillance Anti-Shine Primer. It was recommended to me by a cousin of mines. This product feels light, and goes on light. It does not leave a cast on the face at all. It's color is white, but it goes on clear. With this primer I felt as if I hadn't applied makeup at all, and my face stayed dry all day. I would definitely recommend this primer to anyone.Unfortunately, I don't have a problem with shine, so I cant elaorate on it, but this product isn't that expensive and I can't go a day without using it underneath my makeup. I grab it first everytime.

Click Below to Purchase the Sephora Primer !

No comments:

Post a Comment