Sunday, October 21, 2012

Calling All Edges: Olive Oil Edge Control vs. Hicks Edges


Olive Oil Edge Control is priced around around $5. Its a very thick product. After applying the gel to my edges my hand felt very sticky, I immediately had to wash them before continuing to do anything else to my hair. It does provide super hold and super shine, but it leaves a white cast on your edges after a few hours. At first it seemed to last me all day, but after using it for about two months I felt as if my edges had gotten "immune" (*laughs at word choice*) to this product. I am transitioning from relaxed to textlaxed, and when the edges go through it this does not work, or should I say this does not last. It works good after I've textlaxed, but after textlaxing I honestly don't need to use gel in the first place. If you dont keep the top tightly on this product then it will turn from clear thick consistency to white mushy consistency.

Hicks Edges is product that guarantees "superior hold, super shine, and no flakiness", and that's exactly what it does. I have been using it when needed for over three months and I haven't experienced any immunity (*yay*). This price of this product runs around $15, and up in some stores. Like the Olive Oil Edge control, this product is clear, but it is not as thick as the Olive Oil Edge Control, and if you don't apply the lid tightly back to this product it will turn white and mushy as well. After applying this product to my edges, it didn't make my fingers feel as sticky as the Olive Oil Edge Control, and after I used this product one day, the next day my edges were still holding up. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.
Click Below toy purchase Hicks Edges!

1 comment: