Sunday, October 21, 2012

Acid on our Skin: Perfect Image Lactic Acid Gel Peel

As an inspiring Medical Esthetician, my new interest has fell in the hands of chemical peels. My first facial chemical peel was done at-home by me after doing lots of researching on chemical peels. The product i used was Perfect Image's Lactic 50% Gel Peel. After reading good and bad reviews (more good reviews) I purchased this chemical peel on Amazon.com for around $30.
 Unlike other chemical peels, this  product is a gel. This chemical peel  smells lovely & is stated to be effective for "Age Spots, Freckles, Sun Spots, Skin Lightening, Hyperpigmentation, Wrinkles and Fine Lines". It is also enhanced with Kojic Acid and Bearberry Extract. The top has a dropper connected to it that goes up to 1.0 mL. After, reading post from experienced chemical peel users on Skincaretalk.com (Bomb Site kids) , I learned that 40% of lactic acid is recommended on the face for first timers, but the first time I used this product i diluted it with two parts water (in a plastic container from my local Dollar General) (the punk in me would not let me do 40%) making the percentage go down to about 12.5%. I prepped my skin with alcohol, applied the product with a chemical peel brush, & let it sit for for one minute, neutralized it with baking soda/water and applied pure aloe (AloeThix from Lotioncrafter.com) to my face. My face stung slightly afterwards and during, but nothing dramatic. Each time I use this product I up the time for leaving it on & up the percentage slightly,  Always, afterwards the result is smoother, shiner, more even toned skin. I can already tell that this small 1oz bottle will last me a long time. Since I've bought it, I've done about 6 chemical peels and it still looks like I've barely used any of it. 

Baking Soda, Plastic Container, & Chemical Peel Brush  that I use for  each application.

AloeThix from Lotioncrafters.com (http://www.lotioncrafter.com/aloethix.html)
 **I also purchased Perfect Image's TCA 12.5% Skin Peel, which I won't use until I get more experienced with lower strength peels 


 

2 comments:

  1. You’re lucky you have the authority to perform such a treatment and always have glowing, blemish-free skin. However, always be careful, Traci. :] Be sure every solution is measured and every movement is calculated. And do not skip the ‘before’ and ‘after’ safety procedures, even though they may take a bit of time. ;]

    --> Jacinto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemical peel is one of the traditional cosmetic products in the world. Jacinto is right, Traci. But it seems that you know what you’re doing because you sound confident and happy. Just keep in mind that chemical peels have different reactions to the skin. =]

    Dennis Rode

    ReplyDelete